what are we
Animation in Curacao is popular, and it could not only be fun but also very effective for your marketing campaign. Today we’ll give you eight reasons why an animated commercial has so many benefits!
1. Animation makes any complicated message a lot easier to understand. Think about explaining something medical or something technical – like we did in our PE Online campaign.
2. Heavy, sad or boring topics become more lightly and easy to watch when using animation.
3. Animation can give a recognizable appearance to any brand or company.
4. The sky is the limit! Animation can create literally anything you can imagine – or not even imagine – without using expensive or complicated special effects. You want a cow on roller skates? A ballerina dancing on the moon? Everything is possible!
5. Also, when creating an animation you don’t have to worry about unexpected weather. No storm, rain or snow to ruin te plans.
7. Are you an irresolute person? Don’t worry, because animation gives you so much more control about the amendments. When you change your mind about those specific shots at the beach, in ‘real life’ video you would have to do the entire video over. In animation it’s way more flexible and everything can be changed until you like it.
8. You might not expect it, but animated commercials are a relatively low-cost way to deliver a message. No dealing with locations, models, or props. Keep in mind: an animated car crash is a lot cheaper than actually wrecking a vehicle. Just sayin’.
We hopefully inspired you to see the perks of animation. In case we got you overly excited: Caribbean Legacy does animations too. Check out our work below!
If you know the Harry Potter movies you must love magical things. You probably remember the moving paintings on the wall, or the moving newspaper pictures in these movies. Looks unreal, but it’s not entirely science fiction anymore. Discover cinemagraphs, online animated pictures that look incredibly beautiful and magical.
Ok, we have to admit that cinemagraphs are basically just animated GIFs. But what makes them so special, is because a still picture is used as a base and then a very subtle motion is added. It looks breath-taking!
The very first cinemagraphs where created by Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg around 2011. These guys, with a background in motion graphics and photography, came up with this new technique because they wanted to tell more of a story than a single still frame photograph, but didn’t want the high maintenance aspect of a video. The results were stunning! Check out Cinemagraphs.com to see their work.
Since we are video and animation lovers, of course we, at Caribbean Legacy, had to try this technique as well. See one of our creations below! And have you already noticed our homepage?
This thing, ladies and gentlemen, is something you just need in your life. Not only for your own fun, but also (what a good excuse) for business purposes.
What are we talking about? We are talking about the Ripple Maker! This would give our office a huge boost since we love imagery and mixed media.
We just desperately need this thing.
Side note: the Ripple Maker is not cheap. The machine costs $999 and requires a $75 monthly subscription. But hey, you’ll definitely impress your clients!
Almost every self respecting festival has an after movie. However, in a time where our youth is filming, Instagramming, Facebooking and Snapchatting, is an after movie not a little bit redundant?
The story has two sides. One the one hand, movies that are made with an iPhone are of lower quality than movies that are made with professional equipment, on the other hand, such movies made with an iPhone are far more personal. There have been festivals that experimented with so called “home made” after movies. The audience could upload their own movies which were being edited into one movie. It was really nice to see your own movie incorporated into this. Still something was ‘missing’ in these types of after movies, which was ambiance.
The image quality is not the only thing that sets the ambiance, creativity has a lot to do with it as well. The entire atmosphere and ambiance of that specific festival has to be shown in a movie of merely a few minutes. This is hard. Especially because in the event world there is a lot of competition.
Everybody wants to stand out which is why each organization wants to present the greatest (after)movie.
When they succeed, an after movie can be enormously effective. It can even be the most important means of communication for the music- and event industry. People that visit festivals say: “When I doubt about whether or not I should attend a festival ill first go check out the line-up. If the type of artists peaked my interest, I usually check out the after movies of previous years. If I like what I see, I usually decide to go! A human, youth in particular, is visual. Images say more than a thousand words.
Do you need an after movie of your specific event or festival? Contact Caribbean Legacy through our contact page.